Interested in learning about or getting involved in the activities around Shark Valley, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and other nearby locations? Click on any of the items below to learn more about each event:
Things to Do in Shark Valley
- Full Moon Bike Ride (Reservations Required, offered seasonally)
- Join a park ranger for a bicycle ride under the stars and light of a full moon. Leave the city lights behind and listen to the soundscape of the night. Bring your own bicycle. Bicycle ride will last approximately Reservations required one week in advance. For more information call 305-221-8776
* Events through National Park Service, U.S. Department of Interior, Everglades National Park. Check the Everglades Events calendar for the latest news and events schedule.
- Join a Ranger-Led Program!
- Everglades National Park is open every day and ranger-led programs are offered year round. Use the calendar below to find information about the park’s ranger-led programs, events and more! The spring schedule of events is posted in mid-March; the summer schedule in early June; and the fall schedule in early November.
- Self Guided Bike Ride
- A self-guided bicycle tour is a wonderful way to conduct your own Everglades ecotour. You can get some exercise on our Everglades bike trail while you move at your own chosen speed. The 15-mile paved road is ideal for any type of bicycle, and the road is flat and free of rough terrain. A typical ride takes between 2 and 3 hours, and it usually involves many stops because there’s just so much to see.
- Bicycle rentals for use on the Everglades bike trail at Shark Valley begin at 8:30 AM and continue until 4 PM. All bikes must be returned to the rental office by 5 PM. Bicycle rentals for use on the Everglades bike trail at Shark Valley begin at 8:30 AM and continue until 4 PM. All bikes must be returned to the rental office by 5 PM. For more info visit our bike rental tours page.